Thursday, November 26, 2015

Comfort Food at it's Finest

There is nothing that I love more than mashed potatoes and gravy. I am one of those people who will load up on the mashed potatoes with extra gravy whenever it's offered as a side. The best part of the Thanksgiving feast is this yummy side. By the time I get home from work at night I just want to eat something quick and easy for dinner. A lot of times this requires throwing something in the crockpot so that it is just about ready to eat by the time I get home. I spend plenty of time on Pinterest looking for quick and easy recipes or recipes that I can make in the crockpot. I found this awesome Chicken and Gravy recipe just this last week. It is sooooooo good and super easy.
Photo Courtesy of Food.com
Ingredients:

  • 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 can of Chicken Broth (I used the low sodium kind)
  • 2 packets of chicken gravy mix (I used the low sodium kind of this as well)
  • Mashed potatoes (You can make the homemade kind or if you are in a hurry I like to buy the kind that they sell in the cold food section that you just heat up and serve)


Directions:

  1. Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot on the low setting if you will be cooking these for 8 hours or longer. Cook on high if you will be cooking them 4-5 hours.
  2. Pour the can of chicken broth over the chicken breasts if they do not entirely cover the chicken breasts add just a little bit of water.
  3. Cooking time is completed when the chicken falls off the fork and is able to be shredded.
  4. Remove chicken from the Crockpot and shred with a fork in a bowl.
  5. Take 2 cups of the chicken broth and put this in a saucepan with the two gravy packets. Heat until gravy thickens-About 2 minutes.

Serve chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

Written by: Katie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment