Friday, February 20, 2015

A little wine can go a long way...

Making homemade items from wine corks seems to be more and more popular now days…not only do people use corks to fill up their wine cork holders, but people are also collecting and even buying wine corks to use for projects. One of my favorite wine cork projects was actually given to me by sister.  We were opening Christmas gifts at my parents' house a couple of years ago and she gave me a yard stick covered in wine corks from top to bottom. I wasn’t really sure what it was at first, and my sister must have noted my confusion. She explained to me that it was a wine cork board. Sounds pretty cool right?

The following are the instructions and materials needed to make a wine cork board:
1. Drink lots of wine or become friends with someone who drinks lots of wine
2. Save the corks- the amount needed will depend on the size of the corks
3. Using a hot glue gun, attach the corks to the yard stick from top to bottom and let dry for several hours
4. Use thumbtacks to attach items to your cork board
5. Attach a hook to hang it up on your wall. I made mine using braided ribbon formed into a loop and hung it on a nail. You can be creative with this part.

Here’s what your finished project should look like:

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

That’s it! That is all there is! I love using my wine cork board to display pictures, to hang notes, and at Christmas time I like to use it to display cards. This is such a great way to reuse all those corks and it makes a great gift for not only wine lovers but for all your creative friends!

Post by: Katie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment