Wednesday, August 6, 2014

If this conversation sounds familiar to you, we want you to share the love!

"The bank charged me $35.00 for insufficient funds in my checking account. They also sent the check back to the company I wrote it out to and they will probably charge me another $35.00. Ugh! I know it was my mistake.  I used my debit card but forgot to write down how much I spent.  But that money was supposed to be used for groceries and my public service bill, and now I'm going to be short this month!" 

Later that day, after talking to a member of Horizon Community Credit Union...

"What?! If I had an account at Horizon Community Credit Union I would have overdraft protection!? They pull the money from your savings (share) account to cover the overdraft check and only charge you a $5.00 fee! That's unbelievable! Only five bucks for my accounting error? Not a bad deal! That would have saved me money for my groceries and quite a bit of embarrassment! I’m definitely heading to Horizon CCU to open a savings (share) and checking account!"

Don't keep HCCU a secret!  One of the many benefits to being a credit union member is that credit unions are not for profit.  Rather than pad our own pockets, we return our earnings to our members in the form of higher deposit rates, lower loan rates, and lower and fewer fees.  Not only that, but the mission of Horizon Community Credit Union is to help our members success financially.  Credit unions don't exist to make only a few people rich; they exist to help their members and communities be more financially secure and money-smart.  Know someone who would be better off with our benefits and services?  We'd love to meet them!



Post by: Alice E  

No comments:

Post a Comment