Thursday, June 2, 2016

Walk to Tackle Cancer--Saturday June 18, 2016



As some of  members already know, I have been battling Lung Cancer for the last two years.  I have been on Chemotherapy and am now on Radiation.  My family, friends and co-workers have been there with me on this long (seems like endless) journey.  They have given me so much love and support, it is unbelievable.           



This being said, Aurora Baycare is hosting a “Walk to Tackle Cancer” on Saturday, June 18th and my family has decided we will be walking to support cancer patients.   The walk is a 5K or 3.1 miles and is open to any one who would like to participate.  My daughters, Rebecca & Vanessa, told me if I couldn’t walk the whole 5K they would pull me in a wagon.  J  How is that for support?? 

 We have a team set up on the walks web-site.  Our team name is "Sassy Schoen’s."   Check our team, sign up, or donate at   by clicking here and plan on joining us on June 18th.  Whether it is to walk or just cheer us one, hope to see you there!   

Written by: Karen S.  

No comments:

Post a Comment