Monday, December 1, 2014

A Christmas Gift that comes from the heart…and your kitchen cabinet!



Tis the season to be...creative! I think that as the years go by, and as I get older it starts getting harder to find gifts for some of my family and friends so I had to start thinking outside the box when it comes to giving gifts.   A few months ago I stumbled across an idea to make a magnetic board using materials that I already had at my house: an old cookie sheet and some spray paint.  The only other materials I needed to purchase were some magnets and some Command Brand picture hanging strips…hello brilliant idea!

Intrigued? Read on... Now at first this was a bit of an experiment since I first tried making this using a cookie sheet that had a little rust on it…bad idea! After I had spray painted the cookie sheet you could see all the rust spots even with the paint covering it so I went back to my kitchen and grabbed one that was a bit cleaner, but old enough that I wouldn’t miss it in my kitchen. I sprayed the top of the pan as well as the sides and the back so that none of the silver would show through.

After the pan was completely dry I added a decorative scrap booking decal to make the magnetic board more creative and more my style. I then followed the instructions on the package for using the Command Brand picture hanging strips to hang the magnetic board on the wall above my desk. Below is the picture I originally got the idea from:
 http://bestfriendsforfrosting.com/2011/10/diy-how-to-make-a-magnetic-cookie-sheet-board/

This is such a cool idea for organizing pictures, art projects, coupons, etc. in your home or office. This gives you a chance to be creative and really make it your own.  It’s also a simple project for someone who maybe isn’t as craft as the next person. 

As the Christmas season approaches instead of wracking your brain trying to figure out what to get your friend who has everything, get out your old cookie sheet and bake up something creative!


Posted by: Katie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment